Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowshoeing with Trevor and Bubba


Trevor and I along with Bubba of course, went out this evening snowshoeing as the sun was touching the trees on the horizon. It was a good run even though the temperature was surprisingly -25C.

Someone has been walking in our snowshoe trails with plain winter boots from what I can tell. This is the second time in 3 days that I notice their tracks. The trails are well compacted at this point and with the temperature being so cold, they can support a person without snowshoes. This time they went further and traveled approximately 70% of our trails. It makes me happy to think that we made a walk more exciting for this mystery person. Walking the trails in the bush is way better than walking on the side of the road. Less wind, no traffic, picturesque scenery and privacy. Another positive is that if you have a pet, they can run freely in all directions providing they are a four legged mammal. Bubba loves it. Anyway, I think that this adventurous spirit somehow managed to benefit from our trails. This thought makes me smile and feel prosperous. I am happy for them. I hope to meet them one day while on the trails.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment